R & R in the Morning
Don’t go chasing waterfalls, cuz I don’t want no scrubs, and I ain’t too proud to beg!
I grew up in Cleveland, but I’m not a Buckeye fan. Go Blue! Being a huge family girl, I knew I wanted to stay close to the Great Lakes, so after studying both television and radio at Ohio Northern University, I moved to Traverse City in 2007. After working at a local television station for a few years, I switched gears to radio and have been here ever since. I love radio and the fact that I have a job where I get paid to “play”. I start and end my day with a smile and I hope you will, too. After all, who couldn’t use a little R&R in the morning! I love TC and the wonderful people that make up the cherry capital. It’s here that I met and fell in love with my wonderful husband, Brandon. I love to watch movies, read a good book and take our beautiful baby boy on a walk. I am proud to call Traverse City my home.
- American Idol Winner Phillip Phillips Is Engaged!Phillip Phillips' life as a single man? Gone, gone, gone! The American Idol season 11 winner is engaged to his longtime girlfriend Hannah Blackwell, the singer announced on his...
- Kim Kardashian Shares Sweet Photo of North West Meeting Santa—And She's Not Impressed!Sorry, Santa. You're going to have do better than that if you're going to impress North West! Kim Kardashian shared an adorable photo of her daughter North meeting Santa, and she...
- Ludacris Engaged to Girlfriend Eudoxie—See Pics of the Romantic Proposal!Talk about your high-flying romantic gestures! Fast and Furious star and rapper Ludacris is engaged to his long-time girlfriend, Eudoxie. The 37-year-old popped the question to the...
- This Bride Got a Surprise Flash Mob Wedding—Watch the Amazing Video!What's better than a surprise wedding? A surprise wedding that involves a flash mob! Brian Green has been with Christina McGinnis since 2010, and the couple has one daughter...
- American Idol Winner Phillip Phillips Is Engaged!
- Police Increase Holiday EnforcementAll of that holiday fun and cheer can sometimes lead to bad decisions behind the wheel. That's why state troopers say they're ramping up enforcement and increasing the number of holiday patrols this year.
- Anti-Flu Drug Shortage Could Impact Northern MichiganAs any doctor will tell you, flu season 2014 is off to rough start. Many have already come down with the bug this year and that's led to a big, nationwide shortage of the anti-flu drug that's used to treat it.
- Emmet County Dark Sky Park Receives State AwardAnother Northern Michigan gem is being recognized on the state level.
- Cadillac Snowmobiling Site Slow Because of Lack of SnowSnowmobilers on the other hand haven't been as lucky. There's hardly any snow on the ground at coyote crossings, which is right across the street from Caberfae.
- Police Increase Holiday Enforcement
- Businesses see impacts of having no snow this winterThis winter has taken a lot of people by surprise, and the lack of snow has created a challenge for businesses that bank on winter weather for good sales.
- Christmas twins are bornSanta made sure he checked his list twice this year and delivered double the joy to two parents in Petoskey at McLaren Northern Hospital.
- Little snow creates different opportunitiesWhile we are a winter tourist destination, no snow is actually creating different opportunities outdoors, at one of our most important landmarks, Sleeping Bear Dunes.
- After Christmas sales bring more holiday shoppingLots of people were out taking advantage of the after Christmas sales and enjoying the nice weather.
- Businesses see impacts of having no snow this winter
Saturday 12/27 20%
Skies clearing overnight. Lows overnight in the upper 20s.
Sunday 12/28 10%
Partly cloudy. Temps nearly steady around 30. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 12/29 30%
Scattered snow showers during the morning. Then partly to mostly cloudy for the afternoon. High near 25F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
Tuesday 12/30 10%
Cloudy. High 21F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.