The Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce has announced the ten finalists for 2014 Small Business of the Year. Those who made the cut include: Captain’s Quarters, Culver Meadows, Mad Mike’s Computer Services,Northwest Michigan Surgery Center and Short’s Brewing Company.
Some Petoskey Middle School Students are heading to Iowa next month to take part in a National Robotics Competition. The Geeks, Gears and Gadgets Team won the Michigan title. They have raised money to compete in the Super Regional Competition. 72 Robotics Teams from 13 states will be in Iowa.
- Kate Middleton Meets Little Princesses and Helps Plant a Tree With Prince William—See the Pics!Australia sure has a lot to offer! On Thursday, Prince William, 31, and Kate Middleton, 32, met with residents and emergency workers who had been affected by the Blue Mountain bush fires... […]
- Miley Cyrus Will "Remain Hospitalized" for Severe Allergic Reaction to Medication—Exclusive Update!Unfortunately, Miley Cyrus isn't back to 100 percent yet. E! News has exclusively learned that the singer will stay at the hospital for her severe allergic reaction, and is... […]
- Arrow Introduces a Classic DC Villain, American Idol's New Frontrunner Emerges and More OMG TV MomentsDC Comics fans were definitely in for a pleasant surprise in Arrow's April 16 outing as the show set the stage for the debut of a classic baddie, while Survivor's 28th season continued its... […]
- Sofía Vergara Was "Nervous" Filming Threesome in Fading Gigolo, Got Pointers From Co-Star Sharon StoneWhat makes Sofía Vergara nervous? Well, threesomes is one thing. The beautiful Colombian actress opened up about her big sex scene with co-stars Sharon Stone and John Tuturro in the... […]
- Kate Middleton Meets Little Princesses and Helps Plant a Tree With Prince William—See the Pics!
- Mason County Central Teacher in Serious Condition After a Hit and RunA Mason County Central middle school teacher is in serious condition this morning. Deputies say a car hit Scott Dumas, of Scottville, while walking in the "Shop and Save" parking lot in Pere Marquette Township, Wednesday afternoon.
- Ice Build Up Causes Problems For Crews Traveling To Fight Mackinac FireIce build up on the Great Lakes caused problems for firefighters trying to get to Mackinac Island. Crews from St. Ignace had to hop on a plane instead to help with a business fire on Mackinac Island, Wednesday.
- Roads Closed Across Northern MichiganThe spring storms have caused problems for drivers. Below is a list of roads closed around Northern Michigan. Some closed roads may not be included on this list, so please drive with caution. Road conditions
- Culvert Company in High DemandFlood waters destroyed many Northern Michigan culverts leaving hundreds of roads impassable. Road commissions are now turning to companies that produce culverts for emergency repairs. Even though many
- Mason County Central Teacher in Serious Condition After a Hit and Run
- Sheriff's deputies investigate hit and runUPDATE: A suspect in a hit and run that left a Mason County teacher in serious condition is behind bars.
- Mason County teacher hospitalized after hit and runInvestigators say the vehicle involved hit Scott Dumas, 50, of Scottville and fled the scene.
- Salute to Mrs. Thompson's 5th gradersThis Classroom Salute goes out to Mrs. Thompson's 5th Grade Class at Westwoods Elementary near Traverse City.
- Scientists learn more about the impact of invasive speciesResearchers are making progress toward understanding why some Great Lakes trout die after eating an invasive prey fish called alewife.
- Sheriff's deputies investigate hit and run
Chance of Rain59°/41°