Road crews have another busy week across Grand Traverse County. Starting on Monday, crews will be working on South Airport Road/Silver Lake Road to US 31. Work will begin at the South Airport Road/Silver Lake Road Intersection. Crews will be working on pavement preservation. Expect delays.
Also starting on Monday, pavement preservation work on South Long Lake Road between Interlochen Corners and Fisher Road. Starting on Tuesday, County Line Road, between Traverse Road and County Road 633. Expect lane closures.
BATA will once again offer free transportation during the Traverse City Film Festival. During the festival, look for specially-marked shuttle buses. They will provide service from Festival Loop stops every 15 minutes on the BATA Festival Loop to downtown Traverse City from two park-and-ride locations: the NMC Cherry lot on the east side, and the Thirlby Field lot on the west side. Riders will be picked up from those locations and dropped off around the Festival Loop. The shuttles stop at each movie venue, the free festival parking lots, and both Traverse City parking decks. The festival runs Wednesday, July 30th through Sunday, August 3rd.
- Selena Gomez Gets Flirty With New Guy During Wet and Wild Birthday Celebration—See the Pic!Justin who? Ain't nobody got time to think about ex-boyfriends when you're busy soaking up the sun's rays in beautiful St. Tropez with famous friends and an especially cute...
- Is This Katy Perry Dressed As a "Killer Pizza?" — Watch Now!Katy Perry sure does love a good food-themed outfit. The Grammy-nominated singer might have caused our stomachs to "Roar" just a little bit Tuesday night when she posted a...
- NBA Player Matt Barnes Asks Social Media Followers for Help in Finding His Aunt's Alleged KillerMatt Barnes is going to use whatever resources he has right now, and that includes social media. The Los Angeles Clippers player, who has over 200,000 followers on both Twitter and...
- Vanessa Lachey Flaunts Baby Bump, Kisses Husband Nick Lachey in First Sighting Together Since Pregnancy RevealThese two are just too sweet. Nick and Vanessa Lachey were spotted out together today, the first public sighting of the couple since Nick revealed last week that their son, Camden,...
- Selena Gomez Gets Flirty With New Guy During Wet and Wild Birthday Celebration—See the Pic!
- UPDATE: Malaysia Airline Victims Returned To NetherlandsPeople in the Netherlands, where Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 originated, are observing an official day of mourning Wednesday as some of the remains of the victims arrive in the country.
- Five MI Counties Receive Repair Funds, Address Winter DamagesGovernor Snyder named five northern Michigan counties to make a list that will get $6 million to address damage from the harsh winter.
- Free Popsicles to Beat the HeatThe hot weather had some cooling down with a nice, cold, free Popsicle.
- DNR Plans to Remove Acres of TreesThe state could remove trees near a popular Northern Michigan recreational trail, it's not sitting well with some people. The DNR held their annual open house to share information on upcoming tree removal projects.
- UPDATE: Malaysia Airline Victims Returned To Netherlands
- Pedestrians could see more space on city sidewalksTraverse City commissioners are looking at changing the sidewalk ordinance to require five feet of pedestrian walkway near sidewalk cafes.
- Traverse City prepares to host Night of 100 RieslingsThe Night of 100 Rieslings will be held on Sunday, July 27th at Clinch Park on Grand Traverse Bay.
- Fundraiser planned to help woman with unknown blood disorderA local business is trying to raise money for a northern Michigan woman with an unknown blood clotting disorder.
- Alpena Education Association confirms new settlement for teachersThe Alpena Education Association confirmed a mediator's proposed settlement on June 22 after the teachers' contracts expired on August 31, 2013.
- Pedestrians could see more space on city sidewalks
Chance of a Thunderstorm82°/61°